My client is a successful and innovative commercial Bioinformatics business based in Edinburgh with customers worldwide. They are currently looking for a Systems Administrator to help manage and develop their IT infrastructure.
The company is a young, well-funded and profitable business, with a reputation for excellence and a strong, diverse customer base.
This role involves Linux-based server, security, network, web, and database administration. You will be expected to be involved in a lot of different tasks from monitoring hardware, Linux systems administration and systems architecture. You would be fully embedded within the operations team and longer-term you would help to further incorporate cloud-based solutions into the existing infrastructure.
The company offer a great work-life balance with flexible working hours and a real team mentality. All in all, this is a growing business with an opportunity to make a real impact on their continued success.
- Strong evidence of Linux / Ubuntu Server administration including configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting and automation
- Experience of working with virtual machines (in particular with VMware)
- Maintaining and developing our Docker containers for developer environments and testing environments
- Experience with AWS
- Ability to audit for security vulnerabilities
- Web development experience (e.g. Rails, PHP, MySQL)