Statistician/ Data Scientist
My retained client is a unique healthcare analytics and strategy consultancy organisation based in the Scottish borders. They are a commercialisation catalyst, fostering the drug innovation process and providing drug commercialisation assessment and strategic planning services to healthcare organisations around the world. A core element of the organisations work includes providing advice and validation relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPPA).
Culturally, the business has an extensive pool of expertise and is an excellent place to develop your career. The business offers a fantastic working environment combined with a flexible approach and supportive, knowledgeable team.
Overview of Role
The organisation works closely with healthcare data. In particular, advising clients working with Protected Health Information (PHI) on the risks associated with patient identification and compliance to HIPAA. Ensuring patient privacy is critical when working with PHI. A key element to ensuring that there is a very small risk of unauthorised identity or information disclosure, is through a range of statistical analyses on the underlying datasets(s) and analysis of data ingestion and processing methods. Due to an increasing workload, a Medical Statistician is now required.
As a Medical Statistician, your main responsibilities will be to conduct statistical analyses on datasets pertaining to PHI. You will have:
- Thorough knowledge of statistical principles and advanced statistical techniques;
- A proven ability to process, manipulate, analyse and model large complex health data, whilst appropriately handling missing information;
- Experience in the application of sampling techniques, regression analysis and analysis within a scientific field;
- In-depth knowledge of at least one statistical package (Minitab, SAS, SPSS, Python, R, Matlab etc.);
- A good understanding of the relevant legislation around securely held clinical data of a sensitive nature;
- An understanding of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPPA) is highly desirable;
Qualifications and Experience
- A university degree in a quantitative filed.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a similar role.