Senior Solutions Architect
My client is an innovative Edinburgh-based analytics company with expertise in biotechnology. They have a reputation for excellence in custom bioinformatics analysis and have been growing consistently over years.
The Senior Solutions Architect will develop IT infrastructure (on-premise/colocation and AWS) and manage the internal IT team (currently 1 other). This includes maintaining and monitoring the existing systems (e.g. ensure uptime of servers used for analysis, availability of sufficient storage, maintaining the information security programme) but also designing and implementing future developments.
The successful candidate should be adept with AWS, Terraform, VMware and Linux administration (Ubuntu/Debian based) and have programming experience in one or more suitable languages (e.g. Bash or Python). Experience of Windows environments is desirable as would experience with database administration (MySQL), and versioning (Git).
As well as technical skill, you should have a collaborative approach to problem solving and understand the importance of careful planning and good documentation. The team are working remotely throughout the UK, so good communication skills are key.
Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of AWS experience.
- Automation and configuration management with e.g. Ansible and Terraform.
- Programming languages (e.g. Bash, Python).
- Working with and administering Linux systems, ideally Debian/Ubuntu based.
- Containerisation, e.g. Docker.
- Experience of working with virtual machines, in particular with VMware.
- Familiarity with infosec frameworks.
- Experience with MySQL/MariaDb, design, installation and operation.
- CI/CD pipelines with GitLab.
- Understanding networking concepts such as firewalls, public and private networks.
- Version control system tools, e.g. Git.
- Experience with monitoring tools (e.g. Zabbix, Prometheus).
This is a great opportunity to help shape the IT infrastructure of a business heavily involved in drug discovery and other biological developments globally. You can both develop professionally, and influence the development of the team moving forward.
Apply as directed above or send your details to Campbell Pratt for a confidential chat – email@example.com.