Senior Manufacturing Engineer
My client is a unique, high-profile business operating in the Medical Device market designing, developing and manufacturing products that offer early identification of health issues in patients. The products are beautifully designed and are highly regarded for their performance and functionality.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a multi-disciplinary engineering team for a company who are the world leaders in their field. This role sits within the Operations department with the opportunity to build your career in an amazing industry, where the work you do directly impacts the quality of individuals lives.
The company also provides you with the opportunity to see your work go from concept to manufacture and end use and you’ll truly understand the outcomes of your effort. Culturally, the business has a highly developed engineering focus and is an excellent place to develop your career. The business has a very high retention rate as a result of investing heavily in its staff group.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for developing manufacturable products, processes, and tooling as part of a multi-disciplinary team. You will be responsible for conducting root cause analysis on current product issues, proposing, and implementing solutions in the production environment. The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will represent operations interests in new product commercialisation process, involved in the transfer of products from development into production and supply chain.
- Support existing products in manufacture and work to improve the existing value stream performance.
- Creation and refinement of new processes.
- Improvement and development of process documentation.
- Manage design, specification, and procurement of any necessary production tooling.
- Contribute to continuous improvement for module and system development.
- Engage with suppliers on component and assembly manufacturing methods.
- Support the product and technology roadmap with regards to emerging technologies for performance improvement and cost reduction.
- Support manufacturing and supplier route cause corrective action (RCCA) for system, modules, and components.
- Perform design reviews and failure mode effects analysis (FMEA), work collaboratively with product development team to effectively transfer design, test and development knowledge to manufacture.
- Involved in the transfer of new products from development into production.
- Manage engineering change improvement through to implementation and change control.
- Substantial experience, more than 3 years in a Manufacturing Environment (Low/Medium Volume Product Environment).
- Experience preferred in a regulated industry.
- Practical experience of lean tools and methodologies.
- Demonstrable skill in root cause analysis and design of experiments.
- Good organisational skills and ability to coordinate multiple project workload to ensure deadlines and targets are met.
- Experience in change control and ECN implementation.