Senior Hardware Engineer
My client is a unique, high-profile business operating in the Medical Device market designing, developing and manufacturing products that offer early identification of health issues in patients. The products are beautifully designed and are highly regarded for their performance and functionality.
We are looking for a Senior Hardware Engineer to join a highly motivated team of multidisciplinary engineers within the Research and Development department.
This new role will drive innovation in the design and development of the electronics and systems that are fundamental elements of the products. You will take designs from conception through to production whilst acting as a role model to provide technical leadership and guidance to the team.
This role provides the opportunity to build your career in an amazing industry, where the work you do directly impacts the quality of individuals lives. The company also provides you with the opportunity to see your work go from concept to manufacture and end use, so you’ll truly understand the outcomes of your effort.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Concept generation, analysis and development of innovative digital, analogue and mixed signal electronics solutions and system architectures for product development, in accordance with design control process.
· Responsibility for delivering design solutions with significant elements of cross-functional design (e.g. optical, mechanical, software, firmware).
· Provide technical specification, design and efficacy of electronics designs.
· Provide timely delivery of electronics design solutions against project requirements.
· Technical and schedule delivery management of third parties.
· Provide electronic design documentation, design review and failure mode and effects analyses (FMEA).
· Contribution of continuous improvement of existing product range through design analysis and innovative technology solutions.
· To inform product and technology roadmap with regards to emerging technologies for performance improvements and cost reduction.
· Degree level in Electronic Engineering or a related field, or equivalent education gained through work experience.
· Strong competence in digital, mixed signal, and analogue electronics design and analysis using modelling and experimental/prototyping methods.
· Thorough knowledge of electronics assembly processes and test methodologies.
· Experience in DFx (Design for Manufacturing, Assembly and Test).