Senior Data Scientist – Statistical Genetics
My client is a successful data business headquartered in Edinburgh which also has offices in both London and Bristol. They operate across several key industry domains, including a flourishing Health Data Science team.
The team harbours expertise across early-phase drug discovery and precision medicine. They focus on statistical genetics, multiomics analysis and integration, target validation, population stratification and risk modelling.
Within these domains, the business partners with industry-leading companies while also remaining well connected to academia and retaining a focus on R&D. This is an incredibly stimulating environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior or Lead Data Scientist to join the team and gain exposure both within the company and to their impressive collaborators. You will grow your data science career prospects and join a fast-growing data community, benefitting from their knowledge-sharing ethos to ensure everyone stays at the forefront of a rapidly evolving data-driven world.
The team are obsessive about delivering value for clients and working in a collaborative, engaged and creative way with colleagues and partner businesses. This role allows you to retain a respected publication record while working in a commercial environment.
The person and skills:
- Practical experience in statistical genetics or related discipline.
- Background in mathematics or statistics.
- Broad experience of using a range of predictive modelling and machine learning techniques.
- Method development and application within the statistical genetics or drug discovery space.
- Comprehensive user of R or Python.
- Ability to translate complex analytical solutions into transparent and valuable biological insight.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and ability to present to an audience.
- Ability to collaborate with both commercial and academic partners across projects.
- Competitive salary and benefits package (including bonus and generous holiday allowance)
- Remote working supported throughout UK