Research Project Manager
Our client is an innovative start-up on an exciting journey to commercialise and scale their patented technology to customers worldwide. This innovative technology is at the forefront of sustainable process engineering for biofuel and other high value sustainable products, from the by-products of biological industries.
The main purpose of this role is the effective project management of the company’s research activity and the co-ordination of activities of the highly qualified research team whose output is critical to achieving the company’s long term strategic goals. This is a key management role within the business, with additional responsibility for project managing Applied Trials and high-profile Research, Development & Innovation work across the company.
This highly visible role is critical helping to deliver the company vision and will be a key contributor to the continued growth and success of the business.
- Manage the project/programme design and delivery of multiple R&D activities across Research & Innovation.
- Manage the day-to-day project activity of the Research team;
- Managing procurement, budgets and resources;
- Working effectively with team members, partners, funders and other stakeholders;
- Overseeing delivery and recording of high-quality research programmes;
- Support income generation, including driving the organisation and submission of research proposals and funding applications.
- Assist with the coordination, capturing and dissemination of our Technology Translation Work and Applied Trials Research
- Coordinating professional engagements, such as meetings and events, capture actions and outcomes;
- Tracking and delivery of projects to meet strategy;
- Co-ordinate the professional development of team , support the management of performance and development objectives, host regular one to one’s, supervising day to day lab activity and track KPIs.
Skills & Experience:
PhD or equivalent in Biotechnology or other relevant scientific discipline or A Master’s degree in a relative subject supplemented by extensive research management experience.
The ideal candidate will bring strong research project management and people management skills, a track record of effectively managing research teams and programmes and a keen interest in Sustainability, and Biotechnology
Well-developed skills in, managing and delivering a range of research and development projects including effective and efficient resource allocation.
Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage a range of audiences, stakeholders, funders and partners.