My client is a highly successful global manufacturing business and an established leader at the forefront of the telecoms industry. Their experience is unrivalled, proven by continuous innovation and growth of well-renowned solutions that continue to be deployed to networks globally.
The business has a European manufacturing hub and distributes to 100+ countries worldwide, serving crucial industries such as Telecoms, Power, and Oil and Gas.
The role will be based in Hawick and will report directly to the Quality Manager, the main purpose of this Quality Engineer role is to ensure that internal, customer and regulatory quality standards are met. The appointed candidate will be responsible for assuring product and management system compliance in line with ISO9001.
The opportunity is a great entry point into a company that offers huge opportunities for progression and internal movement.
Role and Responsibilities
- Excellent knowledge and a proven track record in problem solving, especially Root Cause Analysis.
- Monitor entire production lifecycle and perform regular testing and audits to ensure compliance.
- Ensuring that the manufacturing processes use the right methods, with the correctly chosen tools and raw materials, that employees are trained to the required standard and that their training is kept up to date in line with the process.
- Collaborate with different departments to develop corrective actions, solutions, controls, and improvements.
- Prepare reports on non-conformances and corrective actions.
- Inspecting and testing of materials, processes, and products to ensure specifications are being met.
- Ability to identify issues, segregate non-conforming product and determine disposition.
- Experience in an Engineering based role