We have a new opportunity to join the growing team at a cutting-edge medical technology business based in Edinburgh.
Carcinotech is a MedTech company with expertise in manufacturing 3D printed living tumours using patient-derived biopsies, primary cells, immune cells and cancer stem cells. Carcinotech’s advanced models provide a platform for rapid, ethical, and accurate drug screening, pre-clinical and personalised medicine testing.
We are looking for a QC Scientist to work within their small team to support several ongoing projects. The role will join the scientific team in developing products and services offered by the company to the pharmaceutical and clinical research organisations.
The role will involve:
- Drug testing- reception and processing active compounds from clients, constitute stock and working solutions of active molecules, dose calculation for in vitro drug test, design and execute drug test experiment, result gathering and analysis.
- Performing immunofluorescent imaging on patient samples as well as 3D-printed tumours
- Devise and develop new assays in-house to meet client needs and expand offering
- Preparation of samples for flow cytometry and performing FACS analysis
- Optimisation and routine running of cell-based assays (viability, apoptosis, cytotoxicity, cell-cell interaction, cell-ECM interaction, drug pathway assays etc).
- Reporting results of QC assays and raising issues as they arise
- Maintaining up to date inventory of frozen samples
- Assist with routine cell culture maintenance as required
- Contributing to writing of protocols and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Contributing to regular lab maintenance including cleaning, stock management and equipment monitoring
- 3+ years’ experience performing assays in an industry setting
- Experience handling and culturing primary cells (preferably in 3D)
- Experience planning and developing new assays
- Demonstrable experience in statistical data analysis interpretation, and visualisation
- GLP, regulatory experience
Demonstrable experience of performing:
- Drug testing
- Immunofluorescent Imaging
- DNA/RNA extractions,
- Flow cytometry
Master’s degree in relevant subject + relevant experience