Production and Service Engineer
My client is a Scottish technology centred life sciences business with a customer base across the developed markets of the world. The business has embarked on a period of significant growth and has built a reputation for leading the field in the instruments it produces. These instruments are a complex mix of electronics, mechanics, pneumatics & hydraulics and are essentially advanced robotic systems.
The business has a vibrant and energetic outlook and has ambitious plans for growth around both customer acquisition, new product development and introduction. The team are committed, keen to succeed and welcoming so this is a great place to work in my view.
The company has a newly created opportunity for a Production Engineer to join an experienced Engineering team. The role will be responsible for all aspects of electrical & mechanical component assembly, diagnostics and maintenance of instrumentation.
There is also potential for the role to develop further down the line to involve international travel to customer sites, such as in Asia, Japan, Australasia, The US, Europe and the Middle East.
- Installation of electrical and electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools
- Installation and commissioning of instrumentation
- Carry out the manufacturing of automated equipment
- Test the performance of robotic machinery
- Perform scheduled maintenance and in-field upgrades
- Experience in electronics, mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics and associated automation
- Must hold a clean current driving license
- Must hold a current valid passport
Education / Qualifications
- HNC/HND level in electrical/electronic or mechanical engineering (or similar)
- 2 years’ experience gained in an engineering/production environment
This is a great role within a very experienced engineering team, offering significant training and development opportunities to kickstart and progress your career.