I have an exciting opportunity for a Process Engineer to join a global leader in the design and manufacture of electronic instruments within medical devices, telecommunications, optical communications, defence and scientific sectors.
Currently, the company is a combination of low volume development orders combined with an increasing number of new products entering into running manufacture following qualification in customer’s products. This Scottish business is growing rapidly and is ramping up production following a move to a larger facility at the end of last year.
The company are seeking an experienced Process Engineer to support the industrialisation of the process and have a positive effect on throughput and efficiency. The position reports directly to the Head of Operations and will have responsibilities involving (but not limited to) the following:
- Develop extensive and detailed knowledge of products, processes, production and evaluation methods to assist in solving problems throughout the technical and production areas
- Ongoing monitoring of internal manufacturing process including product monitors, calibrations and providing trend monitoring.
- Maintain relevant Process Control documentation for manufacturing equipment including rig maintenance logs, preventive maintenance plans etc
- Takes ownership of relevant continuous improvement initiatives with the Head of Operations and ensures actions are followed up closed out/completed.
- Build production flexibility through innovative and creative development of jigs and fixtures.
- Min B.Sc. Degree – Science/Engineering
- Consolidated and demonstrable experience in precision optics or semiconductor industry
- 6σ Green Belt, ideally Black
- Sound understanding and application of statistical methodologies and analytical tools and techniques
- Lean and 5S
- KPI collation and presentation
- Root cause and continuous improvement