Optical Support Engineer
I have an exciting opportunity for an Optical Support Engineer to join a global leader in the design and manufacture of electronic instruments within medical devices, telecommunications, optical communications, defence and scientific sectors.
Currently, the company is a combination of low volume development orders combined with an increasing number of new products entering into running manufacture following qualification in customer’s products. This Scottish business is growing rapidly and is ramping up production following a move to a larger facility last year.
The company are seeking a Optical Support Engineer to join their commercial team and report directly to the Sales and Marketing Director. This role is focused on being the key technical interface between the customer and the product development team within the business. The role encompasses extensive technical work along with the requirement to work collaboratively with the engineering teams and the customer to assist in developing new business and support current production projects.
Working either in tandem with the sales and distribution team, or directly with engineers at key customers, the role will:
- Work with business development and sales team to support and develop relationships with target customers
- Assist sales staff in assessing potential applications/customers for products to meet customer needs
- Assess market penetration and product positioning to drive competitive advantage, revenues and market share
- Join sales team on customer visits at key accounts and/or at key opportunities
- Co-ordinate and generate the technical data (compliance matrices, drawing reviews etc.) required to pursue customer opportunities.
- Lead & coordinate efforts to provide technical product collateral materials, apps notes, technical articles , etc.
- Good degree in Optic or related subject.
- Knowledge of optical design
- A solid level of professionalism, interpersonal skills, and overall communication skills
Ultimately, this is an opportunity for a driven engineer who is ready for a different challenge and to be part of a company at the cutting edge of what’s possible.