Operations / Factory Manager
My client is a leading Telecoms Solutions Provider who specialises in the manufacture of Fibre, Blown Fibre Tubing and Ducting systems for the telecoms sector as well as Drainage, Water and Power Sectors, we are a manufacturer with a global presence based in the Scottish Border, they have a strong reputation for delivering excellent results to their customers.
The Operations /Factory Manager will have a demonstrable track record of achievement and ideally be familiar/experienced in manufacturing of products similar in nature to the process of extrusion. Ideally the Operations /Factory Manager should have had some experience of P&L, budget control, manufacturing performance, new product introduction/design and costing. This position would also suit an ambitious and capable middle manager who is ready to take the next step.
The company has an excellent reputation for supporting our employees and this represents an excellent opportunity to join a fast growing, reputable organisation. The Operations /Factory Manager will take a senior position at the main facility in the Scottish Borders with the responsibility to lead and develop a close team whilst ensuring the company’s products are the best in the industry.The Operations / Factory Manager’s Key responsibilities include
- Managing daily operations within the Factory.
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness of production operations.
- Implementing new procedures/products.
- P&L/Product costing responsibility.
- Staff management and development.
- Training new employees.
- Developing new business opportunities/products.
- Ensuring KPI and Revenue targets are met.
- Any other ad hoc duties.
- Deliver excellent customer service and ensure communications with customers (internal/external) are of the highest standard.
- Managing people in a production environment of reasonable scale (£25million +).
- Lean or Six Sigma experience would be advantageous.
- Leadership and team work skills.
- Ability to communicate with customers and all levels of staff in a professional and responsive manner.
- Ability to develop and implement new procedures and products with good understanding of manufacturing costing.
- Problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Negotiation skills and ability to build relationships
- Quality focus