My client, based in East Kilbride is an electronics business with a global presence. As an organisation, they are fully committed to their green credentials and have a focus on providing innovative energy- saving products.
The East Kilbride site has a relatively small, but growing team who have a real focus on the technology and a great working atmosphere with room for new possibilities and ideas. As part of the expansion of this team, they are now seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer.
- Generate mechanical design concepts for power conversion products
- Conversion of concept into detailed, producible parts such as sheet metal enclosures and cabinets
- Sub-system assemblies
- Detailed 3D Modeling of injection-moulded plastic parts
- Interface with internal functions, customers and suppliers
- Understand design and system requirements of SMPS products
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- At least seven years’ experience
- Good 3D CAD knowledge (knowledge of Pro-E will be an advantage)
- Strong ability in product conceptualisation, modelling and design
- Good knowledge of machining, sheet metal, casting, extrusion and plastic moulding manufacturing processes and materials
- Good knowledge of manufacturing tolerances and optimal design considerations
- Knowledge and experience of product design and qualification cycle
- Experience of at least 2 complete life cycles of new products