We have an exciting newly created role with a growing, cutting-edge medical technology business based in Edinburgh.
Carcinotech is a MedTech company with expertise in manufacturing 3D printed living tumours using patient-derived biopsies, primary cells, immune cells and cancer stem cells. Carcinotech’s advanced models provide a platform for rapid, ethical, and accurate drug screening, pre-clinical and personalised medicine testing.
Working with global partners, leading pharma companies, surgeons, pathologists, clinicians, and industry leaders, the goal is to accelerate drug screening and enable the delivery of more effective cancer treatments to market. Access to Carcinotech’s robotic and automated manufacturing allows for accelerated production, with models offering high-throughput capabilities.
The expanding start-up company is looking for an experienced Marketing Manager to develop the marketing function within the business. The position will expand as the company continues to grow, including the opportunity to develop and manage a team.
This is a unique opportunity to join at an early stage, and to develop a successful and fulfilling career as a key contributor to the company’s success.
This role will involve:
- Planning Marketing Campaigns
- Develop and implement marketing strategy
- Organise and attend events such as conferences, seminars, receptions and exhibitions
- Graphic design to create new content for presentations, LinkedIn etc
- Taking ownership of Carcinotech’s branding – internally & externally – including ensuring all content meets our branding guidelines, ensuring all public-facing Carcinotech work is high quality, professional and consistent
- PR duties including arranging features in publications & press releases
- Liaising with Scientific team to create content for marketing materials & LinkedIn
- Reviewing LinkedIn material created by the Marketing Associate
- Lead the re-design and launch Carcinotech’s new website
- Leading the creation, design and Carcinotech’s newsletters alongside the Marketing Associate
- Planning and creating content for white papers, posters, brochures, presentations etc
We are looking for:
- Good understanding of life sciences and experience putting this into practise
- Social media expertise – running attractive and effective campaigns both targeted and aimed at follower growth
- Excellent graphic design skills to create distinctive and professional visuals. Including logos, brochures, newsletters and electronic publications
- Experience using Adobe suite of graphic design packages or similar
- Creative approach to presentations – maintaining professionalism as well engaging content
- Ability to communicate complex scientific data in easily-understood content and present to interested parties
- Effective communication internally and externally – providing clear communication to other organisations & clear updates to internal stake-holders
- Ability to successfully network and build strong relationships