Marketing & Communications Manager
My client is a Scottish technology centred life sciences business with a customer base across the developed markets of the world. The business is at the forefront of disease diagnostics, cancer research and drug discovery efforts and is a market leader in this fast-developing global marketplace.
We have a unique opportunity for a Marketing and Communications Manager to take responsibility for the branding and outreach activity of this industry-leading organisation. There is tremendous potential to grow with the role and a chance to be a key contributor in the company’s continued success.
The business has a vibrant and energetic outlook and has ambitious plans for growth around both customer acquisition and new product development. The staff group are committed, keen to succeed and welcoming so this is a great place to work in my view.
If you are proactive, organised and love working with people then get in touch!
• Working closely with the Business Development team you will be responsible for researching prospective customers, mapping relevant target companies, reviewing competitors, analysing market trends and driving marketing activities
• Budget Control of marketing spend including SEO and PPC management
• Optimise our marketing initiatives and lead generating processes through content and social channels
• Management responsibility
• Experienced in designing and executing global marketing and social media campaigns that align to business strategies
• Social media expertise, with the ability to craft eye-catching messages and target them to specific individuals and groups, and a background in growing a social media following
• Web design competency, with an ability to structure and edit a simple WordPress or equivalent website
• Design skills, with an ability to design visuals, logos, brochures, newsletters and electronic publications and experience with design packages such as Adobe
• An excellent, eloquent and articulate communicator, good with language and ability to review, understand and interpret scientific content in order to distil the key messages to different audience types in a simple but effective way
• Knowledge of the relevant science background would be an advantage, but not necessary if the skills support an ability to learn quickly and interpret the relevant points
• Social skills, with an aptitude for engaging a wide range of individuals and roles, including senior management