My client is a Scottish technology centred life sciences business with a customer base across the developed markets of the world. The business has embarked on a period of significant growth and has a reputation for developing industry-leading technology and applications for an international customer base.
The business has a vibrant and energetic outlook and has ambitious plans for growth around both customer acquisition, new product development and introduction. The company are looking for a Laboratory Manager to manage their services team based near Edinburgh and will report directly to the COO.
The business is fast growing and well-funded and is a superb environment in which to grow a career.
This position has direct line management responsibility for a small team of application scientists and overall responsibility for daily control and management of laboratory activities, projects and customer support.
This will involve interaction with all internal departments and working with new and existing customers to support the provision of all aspects of contract printing and manufacturing services to the highest possible standards:
- Liaise with Commercial Team on new opportunities and provide feedback on project scope and timings. Actively involved in early customer communication.
- Liaise with Production Team on resources required to support Instrument QC testing
- Delegate projects and tasks effectively within the Lab team
- Proactively schedule projects based on available resources
- Scientific review of protocol and reports
The role will also require you to take on lead scientist responsibility for projects and provide technical assistance to active projects:
- Planning, technical execution, analysis and reporting of services
- Assay transfer, development and optimisation
- Planning and development of new applications for the platform
- Production of research papers, application notes, posters and presentations as required.
Individuals with the following qualifications, skills and experience would be well suited to the position:
- A PhD or an equivalent level of experience in a relevant field with several years post study lab experience.
- Line Management/staff supervision
- Working in a molecular biology (or similar) laboratory
The role will require excellent team management and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively internally and externally at all levels. The staff are committed, keen to succeed and welcoming so this is a great place to work in my view.