We have a new opportunity to join the growing team at a cutting-edge medical technology business based in Edinburgh.
Carcinotech is a MedTech company with expertise in manufacturing 3D printed living tumours using patient-derived biopsies, primary cells, immune cells and cancer stem cells. Carcinotech’s advanced models provide a platform for rapid, ethical, and accurate drug screening, pre-clinical and personalised medicine testing.
- Performing immunofluorescent imaging on patient samples as well as 3D-printed tumours
- Maintaining up to date inventory of frozen samples
- Assist with routine cell culture maintenance as required
- Keeping Electronic Lab Notebook (Benchling) updated and creating reports when required
- Devise and contribute to internal development projects to advance Carcinotech’s offering
- Contributing to writing of protocols and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Contributing to regular lab maintenance including cleaning, stock management and equipment monitoring
- Immunofluorescent Imaging
- Immunohistochemistry with antibody staining
- Histology techniques (sample processing, microtomy, cryotomy, H&E staining, and immunohistochemistry)
- Performing 3D cell culture work
- Demonstrable experience in statistical data analysis interpretation, and visualisation (software: MS Excel essential, GraphPad Prism advantageous).
- Experience in advanced microscopy, image analysis and 3D imaging
This is an excellent opportunity to join a business in its early stages and be a part of its exciting growth journey.