An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen for a Health and Safety Co-ordinator within a leading Contract Development and GMP Manufacturing Organisation in the field of Biologics and Regenerative Medicine.
This Edinburgh-based company operates at the leading edge of therapeutic discovery providing services for companies involved in European and US clinical trials.
The company are going through an expansion and as a result looking for a Health and Safety Coordinator to join their growing team. The position will report to the Head of Quality Assurance and be responsible for developing, maintaining and protecting health and safety standards within the company in accordance with current and changing health and safety legislation.
The role will provide efficient day-to-day coordination, support and advice regarding all aspects of Health and Safety management across two sites. The Health and Safety Co-ordinator will also be responsible for highlighting Health and Safety issues and concerns within the business with an opportunity for the position to evolve and encompass additional quality assurance and validation activities.
Example of role responsibilities:
- Maintaining internal health and safety policies/strategies with support from management.
- Drawing up safe operational practices and making necessary changes
- Co-ordinating the completion of health & safety risk assessment and COSHH assessments
- Performing site health & safety inspections across clean rooms, laboratories and offices
- Providing safety training for new staff and refresher training for existing staff on all relevant health and safety related matters
Experience in a scientific environment is desirable but all in all, the company are looking for someone to bring passion, drive and determination to this position and be an integral part in their growing success.