Head of IT
Guala Closures is a leading global producer of closures for spirits, wine, edible oil, water and a wide range of other beverages, with a long-lasting expertise in premium design and luxury bottle closures.
With 31 production plants, 7 R&D centres located across five continents, its global footprint means proximity to customers’ plants, offering localised services and solutions in more than 100 countries, with a production capacity of more than 18 billion closures per year.
High-quality, sustainable and innovative closure solutions that offer protection and convenience to consumers while enhancing brand image are the main pillars and the core of Guala Closures strategy.
The IT function play a critical, multifaceted role within Guala. The primary function is to manage technology resource, secure data and maintain compliance, provide user support and align technology strategies with the business goals.
The team are true enablers to the business operations and its effectiveness.
Purpose of Role
The Head of IT is responsible for the operational, day to day leadership and management of the IT function and providing strategic leadership in area of expertise to the business. Reporting to the General Manager with a reporting team of 5, this Head of IT role will ensure the business adopts efficient technology utilisation and fosters innovation to support delivery of the wider business plan.
- Develop, maintain and implement IT Strategy and Policies, ensuring alignment of the IT strategy with the strategic business objectives.
- Develop and maintain a productive and mutually beneficial relationship between the IT Function and the other areas of the organisation.
- Provide leadership to the IT Function, promoting required values and competencies.
- Proactively identify and implement improvements to systems and processes in order to contribute to making the company a more effective and efficient organisation
- Accountable for creating and delivering an agreed IT budget, sourcing options for external support and ensuring all contracts are proactively managed and deliver value for money
- Ensure the security of the business digital assets are secure and our practices are fully compliance with relevant legislation
- Working with the team to ensure the IT infrastructure delivers an optimal service and is well maintained
- Disaster recovery plan for business continuity ensuring all risks are formally captured and proactively managed
- Manage key relationships with internal and external stakeholders including suppliers
- Responsible for keeping abreast of emerging technologies and evaluate the business assets and future needs
- Deliver the agreed IT components of projects, assessing and managing risk.
Key Skills/ Experience
- Proven experience in IT leadership
- Experience in identifying and applying new technologies to enable competitive advantage
- Experience in driving technology led change to deliver business value
- Proven track record of end-to-end project management
- Experience in creating and managing IT plans, budgets, teams and strategies
- ERP system implementation and change ownership
- Cyber security and network management delivery ownership
- Strong communicator, capable of proactively managing multiple stakeholders