Group Operations Manager
Kleboe Jardine is delighted to announce a brand new role with a global business specialising in providing innovative and sustainable packaging solutions for various industries around the world.
Our client, Mainetti has a presence in over 45 countries, offering a wide range of products and services to help their customers optimise their packaging processes and enhance their brand image.
With a diverse portfolio of packaging products, including garment hangers, packaging bags, labels, tags, and accessories Mainetti tailor their solutions to meet the specific needs of various industries, such as retail, fashion, e-commerce, and logistics.
We are partnering with the business in the hiring of a newly created Group Operations Manager role to report into the UK MD and Group Operations Director to focus on the delivery of the strategic development plan as set by the board.
The Group Operations Manager is responsible for optimising the efficiency of the group’s
manufacturing and reuse/recycling operations, with the following major functions:
• Improving the efficiencies of the group’s operations, reducing overall cost and ensuring customer satisfaction.
• Working with the Group Quality Managers to assure a consistently high quality of products through the development, implementation, improvement and enforcement of effective QA and QC management systems.
• Working with the Group Director of Operations (GDO) and Regional/Group managers to agree the group’s operational strategies, identify opportunities for improvement, agree action plans and work with the local teams to ensure successful implementation.
• Standardising systems and processes.
The company has 30 major production sites as well as reuse and recycle sites in the UK, Holland and the US and this role involves working with six Regional Operations Manager across China, Southeast Asia, the Indian sub-continent, South Europe, North Europe and the Americas. Extensive travel will therefore be required (amounting to approx. 35% of work). Regular attendance (when not travelling) on the Jedburgh site is anticipated at 3 days per week (minimum).
This is a crucial management role in delivering the group manufacturing strategy, optimising the production footprint and assisting on the delivery of large-scale group projects such as the implementation of new product ranges, buildings and relocations against budgets set.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a FMCG or high volume manufacturing environment
• People management experience in a multi-cultural, multi-site environment.
• Significant change management experience bringing improvements in operational
performance to a business
• Educated to degree standard in a production, engineering discipline or appropriate
professional qualification with minimum 5 years’ experience
• Excellent practicable working knowledge of manufacturing systems engineering and
lean six sigma deployment
• NEBOSH National/International General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health
If you are interested in joining a growing business in a senior capacity with an extensive global remit then get in touch to discuss further.