Graduate Product Engineer
My client is a highly successful global manufacturing business and an established leader at the forefront of the telecoms industry. Their experience is unrivalled, proven by continuous innovation and growth of well-renowned solutions that continue to be deployed to networks globally.
This is an excellent opportunity for an engineering graduate to kickstart a career in a successful manufacturing business operating globally. The business has a European manufacturing hub and distributes to 100+ countries worldwide, serving crucial industries such as Telecoms, Power, and Oil and Gas.
Working predominantly within the European sectors of the business, the role involves working closely with Sales Personnel, Customers, Technical Personnel and all other depts and covers a variety of functions.
The Product Engineer role will provide product management, formation of product solutions, technical field support, and assist the business with the development and introduction of new products.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Product Design and Development in conjunction with customers, suppliers and sales personnel.
- Working closely with internal personnel and responsible for the integration of materials, methods, and tools necessary to introduce new products into the company product portfolio.
- Establish test procedures for quality assurance of finished product to ensure products meet customer and industry standards.
- Working closely with sales personnel providing product field support where necessary, this will involve travel throughout the UK and occasional foreign travel.
- Establish and maintain customer relationships, and assisting them to resolve their product challenges.
- Technical Sales: costing & quotes including technical feasibility, quality requirements, tolerances, capacity, tooling planning & estimates, production time, material estimates and nurturing customer relationships
- Sales reporting and marketing activities
- Technical advice point of contact for customers and major stakeholders.
- Preparation of customer facing literature.
- Research and development of new products and market places.
Degree level in a suitable technical subject, or similar level of technical experience gained in a role.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly expanding company in a commercial engineering orientated role, providing lots of prospect for future career progression.