Finance Assistant – FlexMedical Solutions
My client is a Scottish technology centred life sciences business with a customer base across the developed markets of the world. The business has embarked on a period of significant growth and has built a reputation for leading the field in the instruments it produces.
These instruments are a complex mix of electronics, mechanics, pneumatics & hydraulics and are essentially advanced robotic systems.
The business has a vibrant and energetic outlook and has ambitious plans for growth around both customer acquisition, new product development and introduction. The staff group are committed, keen to succeed and welcoming so this is a great place to work in my view.
The company has an opportunity for an engineering professional with excellent customer Engineering Service skills to join them on their journey. The customer base is global and so the role offers significant international travel to Asia, Japan, Australasia, The US, Europe and the Middle East.
- Complex systems engineering support and problem solving capability
Are you looking to join an innovative, growing, Scottish SME?
FlexMedical Solutions provide contract design, development and manufacturing services to medical device OEM’s from our site in Livingston.
We are going through a phase of exciting expansion and are seeking a Finance Assistant to join our tight-knit team and play an active role in the company’s expansion.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will liaise with internal colleagues and external accountants and assume responsibility for all finance processing. The accounts are currently managed manually via spreadsheets however plans are in place to implement a software solution in 2021.
FlexMedical Solutions is a small yet high performing organisation and to be successful it is imperative that you bring with you a ‘Can Do’ attitude and a passion for your work. You will focus on providing a seamless service to the business whilst dealing with both suppliers and clients.
If this sounds like the challenge for you, then get in touch!
You will: –
- Prepare monthly payroll.
- Own all purchase ledger activities and ensure timely payment of suppliers.
- Process employee expenses.
- Prepare quarterly VAT Returns.
- Maintain income and expenses ledger and reconcile with bank.
- Deal with supplier invoice enquiries.
- Generate sales invoices and ensure timely receipt of debtor payments.
- Work closely with supply chain function to ensure efficient purchase to pay processes.
Essential Technical Skills
You will: –
- Be highly competent using MS Excel.
- Be competent using Finance software / ERP systems.
- Be confident dealing with suppliers and customers.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail abilities.
- Be able to work under pressure and have excellent organisational skills.
- Be able to implement and maintain effective filing systems.
- Experience in electronics, mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics and associated automation
- Management of customer maintenance support plans and processes
- A continuous improvement mind-set
Education / Qualifications
- HNC/HND level in electrical/electronic or mechanical engineering (or similar)
- 2 years’ experience gained in a customer support or maintenance role