LOCATION: Westcott nr Aylesbury.
About the role
The Electronics Technician reports directly to the UK Operations manager, is responsible for Electronics testing and manufacturing aspects of the propulsion systems hardware and Ground Support Equipment (GSE), focusing on assembly, integration, and test task at component, sub assembly and product level.
They are expected to work as part of the wider Manufacturing and Test Operations departments in the UK.
Candidates should have:
Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Electronics Engineering,
Substantial relevant experience on complex aerospace electronics production programs,
Considerable relevant experience of Space electronics, assembly, integration, test for flight qualification campaigns aligned to ECSS or NASA Gevs requirements.
Preference may be given to candidates with
- Demonstrated specific technical management experience with a Propulsion product for Spacecraft development programs.
- As the Electronics Systems Technician you will be responsible for
- Hand assembly testing and modifications of Harnesses and electronics boards as required.
- Component soldering and testing for analogue and digital propulsion control systems.
- Be able to follow and use design review procedures and best practices.
- Participate actively in internal software and electronics design schedule reviews and formation.
- Work closely with customers and systems engineering to generate and track avionics testing requirements.
- Work closely with program management to participate actively in customer facing reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, etc.)
- Manage work with outside contractors as needed.
- Ownership of the assembly and compliance testing of all Electronics engineering aspects of the projects you are assigned to.
- Delivering Electronics test and design engineering support via a matrixed organization.