Electronics Manufacturing Engineer
Our client is revolutionizing 3D medical imaging, by making it more accessible to patients globally. They have developed a flat panel, portable x-ray system that operates with low-cost and low-dose radiation exposure – eliminating the need to transfer patients into costly CT Scanners.
Their vision is to enable 3D x-ray imaging to be cheaper, widely available and portable through the worlds clinics and hospitals.
The technology is deployed within the UK, and they are transferring their leading technology from R&D to high volume manufacture. In line with this development, we are recruiting a Manufacturing Electronics to join the Ops team in Edinburgh. You will be responsible for supporting the manufacture of bespoke medical devices by performing electronics engineering and testing, and making design decisions. As an early member of the team, you will be well placed for progression.
- Electronics Design (analogue and digital), including schematic capture, simulation and PCB Layout.
- Preparation and release of components, bill of materials, wiring diagrams and other drawings.
- Create requirements and test specifications for electronics components and assemblies used within the company.
- Support company-wide electronics activities, including electronics equipment purchasing, lab maintenance, test and assembly.
- Testing and troubleshooting electronics assemblies.
- Prepare documentation and technical reports, including drawings, specifications and work instructions.
- Assist in the build and progression of prototype units and developing these into production assemblies.
Skills and Experience:
- Electronics Design, from design concept through to producing PCBs.
- Design for Testing & Design for Manufacture.
- Experience in leading electronics and testing projects within a highly regulated environment.
- Experience in successfully scoping work, making design decisions and completing tasks within budget.
The incumbent will work closely with the Operations Director to dovetail Electronics experience and knowledge into the development and manufacturing process. There is scope to become a key leader in the business here in Edinburgh.
Apply as directed above, or contact Campbell Pratt at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss in more detail.