Electronics Engineering Lead
LOCATION: Westcott, Hybrid or Remote working is available.
About the role
The Electronics Engineering lead, reports directly to the UK Operations manager, is responsible for Electronics engineering aspects of the propulsion systems hardware and Ground Support Equipment (GSE) design, development, assembly, integration, and test.
They are expected to support the Manufacture and Test Operations departments in the UK and will be a thought leader when designing new and compliant customer solutions
Candidates should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Electronics Engineering,
- Substantial relevant experience on complex aerospace electronics development programs,
- Considerable relevant experience of Space electronics design, development, assembly, integration, test for flight qualification campaigns aligned to ECSS or NASA Gevs requirements.
- Successfully led small teams at all levels of engineering discipline and experience.
Preference may be given to candidates with:
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in Electronics Engineering,
- Demonstrated specific technical management experience with a Propulsion product for Spacecraft development programs.
- As the Electronics Systems Lead Engineer you will be responsible for
- Design and Layout the PCB architectures for new designs of control avionics in the Altium toolset
- Hand assembly testing and modifications of Harnesses and electronics boards as required.
- Component specification and selection for analogue and digital propulsion control systems
- Create and enforce design review procedures and best practices.
- Coordinate internal software and electronics design schedules.
- Work closely with customers and systems engineering to generate and track avionics requirements.
- Identify gaps between current capabilities and program requirements to guide system development.
- Define and manage critical Electronics system interfaces.
- Work closely with program management to coordinate and lead customer facing reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, etc.)
- Manage work with outside contractors as needed.
- Ownership of the design, delivery and compliance testing of all Electronics engineering aspects of the projects you are assigned to.
- Providing direction to team members across multiple disciplines to ensure programmatic cost and schedule requirements are achieved as part of the DfX process for the Products Electronics subsystems.
- Delivering Electronics test and design engineering leadership via a matrixed organization.