Data Science Consultant
My client is a unique Data Science and Data Engineering company headquartered in Edinburgh with plans to grow a large team across EMEA in the next 5 years.
The business promises harness the power of interconnected devices to deliver huge gains in productivity, efficiency and innovation for their global clientele in the manufacturing, energy, utilities and automotive industries by harnessing the power of interconnected devices to deliver huge gains in productivity, efficiency and innovation for their global clientele.
Led by seasoned industry directors, they are ambitious and aggressive with their growth strategy. And extremely passionate about delivering world class solutions to their clients.
As a Data Science Consultant, you must be comfortable around messy data, solving problems and answering questions. The ability to communicate and translate complex analytical thinking into non-technical and commercially oriented concepts is highly valued.
What to expect
- Use of data analytics and machine learning to conduct in-depth analysis to uncovers actionable insights
- Preparing and presenting compelling analysis findings to clients and senior stakeholders
- Using a variety of analytical tools and methods to deliver regular reports and deep dive strategic analytics
- Own projects end-to-end and manage the process and team of analysts
- Opportunity to mentor junior analysts/data scientists and lead project teams as the team grow
What you need
- Experience delivering data analytics and/or data science projects in a non-academic setting
- Data consolidation, cleansing and validation to provide business insight
- Data visualisation using software such as Tableau and PowerBI
- Predictive modelling (supervised and unsupervised) using R, Python or similar
- Experience with computer vision and/or NLP algorithms is advantageous
- Ability to work and process large amounts of data/experience working with cloud environments is advantageous
Colleagues work within a hybrid structure, however office presence is required 2-3 times per week.