Business Development Manager – UK & Ireland
I have an exciting opportunity for an Applications Engineer to join a global leader in the design and manufacture of electronic instruments within medical devices, telecommunications, optical communications, defence and scientific sectors.
Currently, the company is a combination of low volume development orders combined with an increasing number of new products entering into running manufacture following qualification in customer’s products. This Scottish business is growing rapidly and is ramping up production following a move to a larger facility last year.
The company are seeking a Application Engineer to join their commercial team and report directly to the Sales and Marketing Director. This role is focused on being the key technical interface between the customer and the product development team within the business. The role encompasses extensive technical work along with the requirement to work collaboratively with the engineering teams and the customer to assist in developing new business and support current production projects.
Working either in tandem with the sales and distribution team, or directly with engineers at key customers, the
My client is a global leader in the manufacturing and development of communication networks at the infrastructure level. With consistent growth in demand the business is vibrant, successful and committed to bringing increased performance, reliability and quality to its products, service and markets.
This newly creted role is a fantastic opportunity within the UK Telecoms sales team. The candidate will be central to developing relationships across a defined range of customers and new business opportunities, as well as developing more business with the offering of innovative new solutions. Sales experience within the sector is advantageous.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with all stakeholders within the account
- Identify key areas of influence, identify decision makers, and ensure they are aware of the benefits and business advantages presented by my client
- Lead and drive the follow-up and closing of incremental business with this client through business development activities at all levels
- Continuously analyse the opportunities and projects which are relevant to my client
- Define immediate target contacts and a longer-term development plan
- Propose a comprehensive account strategy to reach and exceed sales target
What you will bring:
- A proven track record in business development and key account management within the Telecoms sector
- Demonstrabale Key Account Sales experience
- The ability to build and maintain strong business relationships
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Previous experience in working within the utility sector and a strong sales background, both closing new business and maintaining existing client base
- Work with business development and sales team to support and develop relationships with target customers
- Assist sales staff in assessing potential applications/customers for products to meet customer needs
- Assess market penetration and product positioning to drive competitive advantage, revenues and market share
- Join sales team on customer visits at key accounts and/or at key opportunities
- Co-ordinate and generate the technical data (compliance matrices, drawing reviews etc.) required to pursue customer opportunities.
- Lead & coordinate efforts to provide technical product collateral materials, apps notes, technical articles , etc.
- Good degree in Optic or related subject.
- Knowledge of optical design
- A solid level of professionalism, interpersonal skills, and overall communication skills
Ultimately, this is an opportunity for a driven engineer who is ready for a different challenge and to be part of a company at the cutting edge of what’s possible.