Our client is an innovative, growing Scottish medical devices business developing cutting edge technology to create the next generation of continuous monitor devices in healthcare.
This innovative product is a mobile monitoring device that can help save lives by giving clinicians real time data on patients’ wellbeing. It provides a pathway for the future of healthcare and the business is looking to expand their tight knit team to be part of this exciting journey. The business is building out the team across all functions to scale the company and are looking for self-motivated people who have a passion for creating products that make the world a better place.
The role will report into the Principal Technical architect and will be responsible for designing, implementing and testing real-time algorithms for their medical device product.
The Algorithm Engineer will work closely with Firmware Engineering as well as product managers and researchers to maintain and improve the product.
The position will be mainly remotely based although regular on-site meetings at the company’s offices will be expected.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work within algorithm team to develop cutting edge medical grade algorithms for deployment in vital signs monitoring products
- Benchmark existing algorithm performance
- Implementing improvements
- Cross-platform development in C/C++
- Digital Signal processing. (IIR, FIR, noise reduction)
- Strong Matlab
- Experience of implementing DSP algorithms on ARM Cortex-M4F target.
- Techniques in PPG signal analysis
- Verification & validation of algorithms in real world situations