Kleboe Jardine are delighted to announce a newly created role with our long-term client FlexMedical Solutions as part of the company’s continued growth.
FlexMedical Solutions provide contract design, development and manufacturing services to medical device OEM’s from their site in Livingston. Established in 2015, the company have continued to expand the facility to a very high standard and have successfully helped several clients design, develop and commercialise their products.
FMS focus on the disposable element of the device and have significant expertise with point of care (POC) in vitro diagnostic (IVD) tests. Our in-house capabilities range from screen printing and laser ablation of electrodes for biosensors to final device assembly, including full assay development.
The business is now entering the next phase of growth, further developing manufacturing offering and growing internationally.
We are hiring an Operations Director to provide expertise and leadership within this technically complex and highly regulated organisation. The role will assume significant responsibility for all aspects of purchasing and supply, manufacturing, process engineering, maintenance and calibration, and facilities management.
We are looking for experience in both manufacturing operations and supply chain management for this critical role in the organisation with key understanding of all stages of a project lifecycle, from securing of development contract, through scheduled design and development, product and process validation and on to routine manufacture and supply.
This is a senior management role within a scaling organisation where your strategic decisions will be critical to ensure smooth service in leading and developing the operations group.
You will have the opportunity to be a significant contributor to the future of the business, its continued growth and success.
- Build and lead a high performing operations group, understand business goals and cascade effectively to team.
- Assume responsibility for all purchasing, planning, supplier management, logistics, and sales (distribution) activities.
- Assume responsibility for all manufacturing, process engineering, maintenance & calibration and facilities matters.
- Develop an engaging strategy and implement – create a best in class, medical devices operations function.
- Create and Deliver an Operations Strategy
- Ensure all materials are procured, received and controlled in a compliant, cost effective and efficient manner.
- Ensure process efficiencies are maximised via deployment of effective engineering and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Work with company leadership, finance and program management to deliver effective S&OP process.
- Qualified to degree level, ideally within a technical discipline.
- Considerable, relevant experience in the medical device industry.
- In-depth knowledge of ISO13485:2016 and CFR 21 Part 820.
- Highly competent in all aspects of Design for Manufacture (DFM) methodology.
- Understand technical challenges and interpret information including drawings, specifications and schematics.
- Highly effective leader, influencer and delegator.
- Communicate and present confidently with stakeholders, clients, suppliers and partners.
- Have a sound financial capability and understand the impact of efficiencies on the P&L.
- Experience developing high performance teams
Salary & Compensation
- Company Pension Scheme
- Sick Pay
- Private Medical
- Life Assurance
- Critical Illness
- 31 days annual leave rising after 5 yrs
- Annual Leave purchase scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Discounts on a range of goods, services and leisure activities