Executive Summary Document – Business Development
Carcinotech is a MedTech company with expertise in manufacturing 3D printed living tumours using patient-derived biopsies, primary cells, immune cells and cancer stem cells. Carcinotech’s advanced models provide a platform for rapid, ethical, and accurate drug screening, pre-clinical and personalised medicine testing.
Working with global partners, leading pharma companies, surgeons, pathologists, clinicians, and industry leaders, the goal is to accelerate drug screening and enable the delivery of more effective cancer treatments to market. Access to Carcinotech’s robotic and automated manufacturing allows for accelerated production, with models offering high-throughput capabilities.
This innovative Carcino3D™ technology is validated to ensure consistency, uses advanced robotic manufacturing to ensure high-throughput and robust results, and is quality controlled to produce highly predictive assay-ready printed tumours.
These printed tumours can be manufactured to order and delivered assay-ready to your labs. Carcinotech’s team of 3D oncology experts also offer assay services for each drug compound utilising our advanced Carcino3D™ technology, allowing for flexibility, with high-quality data delivered to ensure clients’ success.
We have an exciting newly created role to join this expanding business as a Head of Business Development to lead, develop, and implement a commercial strategy based on the company’s goals and objectives.
The Head of Business Development will report directly to the CEO and be responsible for business development, maximising the efficiency, quality, service, and profitability for the organisation. This new role will have full autonomy to develop the commercial function within the business including integrating and implementing commercial processes to meet ambitious growth strategies.
The position will expand as the company continues to grow, including the opportunity to develop and manage a team.
This is a unique opportunity to join at an early stage, and to develop a successful and fulfilling career as a key contributor to the company’s success.
This role will involve:
- Growing our client base and implementing commercial processes based on our business model.
- Targeting key customers and formulation of a commercial strategy
- Contributing to, and ensuring the timely turnaround of new project proposals alongside senior colleagues
- Lead the negotiation of commercial agreements for client projects, with support from the CEO & Head of Operations.
- Manage all commercial activities- attend client meetings both online and in-person.
- Align appropriate sales opportunities to meet business and financial objectives and know our customers’ business needs.
- Manage the sales cycles and take the lead role in positioning and adoption of our commercial offerings.
- Act to acquire new customers and manage ongoing customer relationships.
- Attend conferences, trade shows, bio-partnering events both in person and online to promote the company’s commercial offerings.
- Monitor the performance of commercial activities using metrics and produce reports for the Board.
- Support the process of producing financial targets and budget development and monitoring.
- As the company progresses, leading the growth of the commercial team.
- Providing line management & mentorship to future new recruits in the commercial team.
- Experience working in Business Development within a Biotechnology environment and ideally have experience in service-led, project-based sales cycles.
- Proven experience running long, complex B2B sales cycle processes.
- Demonstrable experience gaining market access to the US and Europe
- This role is remote but will involve travel nationally and internationally when required to meet clients/business partners.